This live session will be held at SWE's WE18 Conference in Minneapolis, MN on Friday, October 19, 2018. Location details available below and on the WE18 schedule.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click Register
CRITERIA FOR ACHIEVING CEUs
- Register to attend the session here in the Advance Learning Center - at least 15 minutes prior to session start-time. Those who do not register for the session before it starts will not receive CEU credit.
- Attend the full session – to demonstrate this, you must sign in and sign out of each session.
- Complete the evaluation for each session.
ABOUT THIS SESSION
Within engineering companies, women’s networks have emerged organically to address women’s workplace concerns and provide an opportunity to connect and grow professionally. At Lockheed Martin (LM), the Women’s Impact Network (WIN) started as a grassroots effort at multiple sites within five separate business areas, operating independently until 2016 when the corporation reinforced the value of working as one team. Two LM business areas led the way by collaborating amongst their sites first and others have followed. By 2017, WIN representatives from all business areas came together to develop a universal mission statement and address key focus areas for 2018. In this panel discussion, WIN leaders representing each business area will share the benefits of collaboration from within and across the LM Corporation and best practices for engagement of both women and men in their activities, including collaboration with other employee resource groups in order to create a more inclusive workplace.
By the end of this session, attendees should be able to:
- Describe how to improve ERG organizational effectiveness within a corporation through collaboration across sites/business areas
- Identify best practices for engagement of women and men through corporate women's networks/ERGs to improve diversity and inclusion
- Recognize the benefits of participation and leadership growth within a corporate women’s network.
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275. In obtaining this approval, the SWE has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider membership status, SWE is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.