This live session will be held at SWE's WE18 Conference in Minneapolis, MN on Friday, October 19, 2018. Location details available below and on the WE18 schedule.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click Register
CRITERIA FOR ACHIEVING CEUs
- Register to attend the session here in the Advance Learning Center - at least 15 minutes prior to session start-time. Those who do not register for the session before it starts will not receive CEU credit.
- Attend the full session – to demonstrate this, you must sign in and sign out of each session.
- Complete the evaluation for each session.
ABOUT THIS SESSION
Under the new SWE governance model, leadership opportunities within SWE look different today than they have previously. Serving on SWE committees provides an opportunity to contribute to the areas and activities within SWE that are most meaningful to you and develop leadership and management skills at the same time. This panel will include members of SWE’s Board of Directors who have all led committees and grew their leadership abilities through committee chair positions. The panel will discuss what they have learned about SWE from participating in and leading committees and how they leveraged these roles to continue their SWE career.
By the end of this session, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the skills and competencies others gained from being a committee chair
- Recognize how to leverage committee leadership to strengthen your leadership skills outside of SWE
- Recognize potential SWE career paths that include committee leadership
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275. In obtaining this approval, the SWE has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider membership status, SWE is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.