This live session will be held at SWE's WE18 Conference in Minneapolis, MN on Friday, October 19, 2018. Location details available below and on the WE18 schedule.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click Register
CRITERIA FOR ACHIEVING CEUs
- Register to attend the session here in the Advance Learning Center - at least 15 minutes prior to session start-time. Those who do not register for the session before it starts will not receive CEU credit.
- Attend the full session – to demonstrate this, you must sign in and sign out of each session.
- Complete the evaluation for each session.
ABOUT THIS SESSION
Today’s multigenerational workforce consists of Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials - each with their own work styles, expectations, experiences, and communication preferences. Join us as we explore a case study of NASA’s multi-generational workforce to understand the similarities and differences across the generations. Understand how effective communication can be achieved while breaking through the barriers associated with working across generations. Learn about the different stereotypes that exist between the generations and how to effectively work with people from any generation.
By the end of this session, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the four generations currently in the workforce and explain the similarities and differences among the generations
- Highlight strategies for communicating effectively with employees of all generations and identify potential sources of intergenerational conflict and techniques for managing them
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275. In obtaining this approval, the SWE has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider membership status, SWE is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.