This live session will be held at SWE's WE18 Conference in Minneapolis, MN on Friday, October 19, 2018. Location details available below and on the WE18 schedule.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click Register
CRITERIA FOR ACHIEVING CEUs
- Register to attend the session here in the Advance Learning Center - at least 15 minutes prior to session start-time. Those who do not register for the session before it starts will not receive CEU credit.
- Attend the full session – to demonstrate this, you must sign in and sign out of each session.
- Complete the evaluation for each session.
ABOUT THIS SESSION
So you've engineered a solution. Have you protected it? Within this session, learn the basics about patents with respect to the patent application process, ownership, and post patent grant protection as it applies to innovation and disruption within industry & academia. Learn how you can protect your engineered solutions from the get go! This session will expand upon Patent 101 basics to strategies you can employ in your workplace to protect your intellectual property and innovative successes.
By the end of this session, attendees should be able to:
- Define intellectual property and recognize various means employed to protect intellectual property.
- Describe how ownership of inventions & patents generally works in industry and academia.
- Discuss the dynamics of the patent process for an inventor and for a business.
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275. In obtaining this approval, the SWE has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider membership status, SWE is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.