This live session will be held at SWE's WE18 Conference in Minneapolis, MN on Thursday, October 18, 2018. Location details available on the WE18 schedule.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click Register
CRITERIA FOR ACHIEVING CEUs
- Register to attend the session here in the Advance Learning Center - at least 15 minutes prior to session start-time. Those who do not register for the session before it starts will not receive CEU credit.
- Attend the full session – to demonstrate this, you must sign in and sign out of each session.
- Complete the evaluation for each session.
ABOUT THIS SESSION
The key to establishing a Diversity and Inclusion strategy that your organization can accept and commit to is aligning the strategy with all facets of the overall organization’s goals and objectives, including the Human Resources program strategy and the organization’s vision, values and covenants. The key items are to make sure your leadership understands why the D&I strategy is critical to the organization’s success and deep down feels the organization is nowhere close to where it should be relative to advancing women and minorities in the organization. The push and challenge is to get most, if not all, of the organization on-board so the organization can successfully implement the strategy and begin to achieve targeted results (women and minorities advancing in the organizations leadership road map).
By the end of this session, attendees should be able to:
- Recognize how to develop a D&I strategy that is setup for success
- Identify challenges and successes when engaging with the organization while implementing a D&I strategy
- Create a road map to articulate the process and timeline to obtain strategy approval and commitment
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275. In obtaining this approval, the SWE has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider membership status, SWE is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.